bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Arlington Foreclosure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:11 pm GMT    Post subject: Arlington Foreclosure Reply with quote

Went to a foreclosure auction at 1500 Mass Ave today. Vacant 2-family home in need of a massive amount of work, $200K+ I would imagine. Got bid up to $860K... I literally have no idea how this turns into profitable for anyone, but there were a few interested parties!

What makes Arlington so desirable???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vacant 2-family home in need of a massive amount of work, $200K+ I would imagine. Got bid up to $860K... I literally have no idea how this turns into profitable for anyone

I am guessing if a general contractor can keep the fixing cost low by doing the work himself and his team, let say for 100k at cost. Then the total cost will be 960k, and if they could sell each unit as condo for 600k per unit, you get around 200k profit quick.

I agree at current price, a quick flip for profit is almost not possible. But you will need to know even those shitty towns' 2bed condo is selling for 300k currently. The affordability is none exists in the housing market, with home price remains flat at the top, while mortgage rate getting back on the 5%.
Elrond

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:58 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa I was at that auction too! I think the buyer may have thought he was getting a 3-family, but it's def a 2! The condition of that property was bad, but not the worst I've seen. Still going to need hundreds of thousands of dollars in work to make it at all nice.
Elrond

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure how it makes sense either, maybe making it into 2 really nice $700k condos? Maybe he wants to live in it and rent the other units out. The 3rd unit may not be buildable but he could probably find a tenant.
BostonMarket

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:55 am GMT    Post subject: Sounds pricey Reply with quote

Arlington is a great town with a good school system that is steadily improving.

I would imagine that contractor will revamp this property entirely and sell each unit as a luxury condo for around $700K each. I don't see how this would be worth it to sell it for less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.