bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Bubble hour?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balor123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:38 pm GMT    Post subject: Bubble hour? Reply with quote

I'll be in BOS Aug 5 - 9. How about we have a bubble hour Aug 6? I propose somewhere in Arlington/Mass Ave around 7pm.[/quote]
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:51 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That time and area both sound good to me. Is there any particular place you prefer? I could suggest a few but thought you might already have somewhere in mind.

- admin
balor123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:07 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go there sometimes but don't know it too well. I guess some place with enough space and quiet enough to talk. What have you done in the past - drinks or dinner? I typically go to the Indian restaurant there, which might be ok but maybe you can suggest something since you live in that area.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:40 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be the first BostonBubble bubble hour, so there is no precedent yet. (Other mentions of a "bubble hour" that you may have seen on here were invitations to events hosted by others.) I'm fine with either drinks or dinner. Drinks would probably limit the venue selection since Arlington doesn't have many (any?) bars/pubs, I think because it was dry until a few years ago. Some of the restaurants do have bars in them, though. The first places I thought of were Not Your Average Joe's and Mr. Sushi. There is also a new place that just opened up a few weeks ago, right on the border with Cambridge called Menotomy Grill & Tavern, if you want to see what's new in the area. (I tried it out on Monday, and it was alright - not as good as the others, but not bad, and it is the new thing.) I like Indian too and haven't ever actually gone out for it in Arlington (just ordered in), so that would be good too. Do any of those other places grab your interest or would you prefer the Indian place you've been too? Which one was it?

- admin
balor123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's Punjab. NYAJ is great too but can get pretty crowded and they don't offer reservations I think.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:34 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYAJ does offer reservations, but let's do Punjab. I've heard good things about it and have been meaning to try it.

Everybody who's interested in coming, please post here so that we can get a count for a reservation.

- admin
balor123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:12 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the impression people aren't checking this forum daily like they did 5 years ago so perhaps it will be some time before people notice this. I emailed one person. Do you have email addresses for other frequent posters? mpr and john p come to mind but there's probably others too.
balor123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:53 pm GMT    Post subject: meetup group created Reply with quote

We have a meetup group now. I can't really be organizer since I'm not local anymore. Interested admin? Even if we use it only once, at least we'll get some extra publicity.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:15 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to post anybody's email address for privacy reasons, so I emailed mpr and john p directly. I also emailed JCK and Renting in Mass. Hopefully we'll get a few bites.

Feel free to email me the meetup group information. I don't know what the privacy implications of it are yet, but I'll take a look at it if and when time allows.

Thanks,
- admin
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, John P. will be there but Renting in Mass. can't make it. I haven't heard from the others yet.

- admin
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:31 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

And RealEstateCafe is in too.

- admin
SoldAtTheTop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:17 pm GMT    Post subject: RE: BostonBubble Meetup Reply with quote

I'm in!

Have we picked out a dinner place? I have no preference I eat pretty much anything with sauce on it.

See you all then,
Sold
balor123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston ITer is out but I'll meet him separately.

The group can be found here. There definitely are privacy issues but at least no one can match usernames to real names. If it's really an issue, then I can pay a few people on Turk to join to create some fake accounts or something Razz
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoldAtTheTop, et al, it will be 7PM at Punjab at 485 Mass ave in Arlington (not to be confused with Punjabi Tadka, which is very close by, also on Mass Ave, and has a very similar name).

balor123, thanks. I'll try and look at the Meetup group when I get a little free time (free time isn't looking good right now, but hopefully it will happen at some point).

- admin
balor123

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great - see everyone there then!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.