bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Waiting for the implosion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divadkire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:00 pm GMT    Post subject: Waiting for the implosion Reply with quote

As a potential home buyer in MA I find the pricing of houses to be hit or miss. Smart sellers are starting to list their homes at close to the assessed value. Those that price more than $25K above the assessed value don't seem to be selling. Houses priced $25K below the assessed value seem to be moving.

These are the smart sellers because they have the foresight to cut their potential losses as the market starts to unravel.

I am waiting for a desperate seller that is willing to take a low-ball offer, otherwise I will continue to rent. The stubborn seller will end up with far less $ for their home as the prices have to fall further before the correction is complete. Give in to the sale, if you hold on too long you will lose more.

The market needs some dominoes to start falling, too many potential buyers are waiting for their house to sell, this will cause an even larger glut of houses. :
AgentGrn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:19 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering what my wife and I can sanely afford, it's all a miss when I compare similar properties to what I rent.

If I could find a nice 2BR house for about $1k a month in the Worcester area, then I might be interested in taking a look. And that's just what I'm willing to pay the bank outside of taxes and other crapola which will undoubtely cost us more.

I figure the correction has a ways to go, and I'm not under any sort of pressure until my son gets closer to school age, which is > 5 years away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.