bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Consolidate fora?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steverino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:05 am GMT    Post subject: Consolidate fora? Reply with quote

Do you have too many forums on this site (sorry, I can't say too-queer "fora" more than once)?

I just now noticed this one, if you can believe it, and I've been visiting off and on for a very long time. Perhaps the news stories would get more traffic if they appeared right in the mix with other posts.

Just my $.02.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:27 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. How would you envision the consolidation? Would you put everything in one forum or are there specific forums that you would merge?

- admin
steverino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:24 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was afraid you would ask me that!Very Happy

I have no idea, really. I just think the number of forums now seems to violate some sort of information and architecture rule of thumb. The goal, I would think, is to keep everybody at the party in the same room, so we can keep discussions going.

If you are interested in the idea, perhaps you could violate your own topic rules by asking about it in the Economics forum.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:11 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

steverino wrote:
The goal, I would think, is to keep everybody at the party in the same room, so we can keep discussions going.

Well, another goal is to keep the focus of the discussions from being diluted by conversations which aren't conceptually related. I think that the What Bubble?, Open Discussion, and Suggestion Box forums all serve this purpose. I think it's OK that these rooms don't see much traffic as they are a repository for things which could add clutter elsewhere. I'm open to suggestions for merging the others, although I think it would have to be something compelling since I just took a look at the software's administration panel and there doesn't appear to be a simple way to merge forums (though I could probably muck around with the raw database to do it).

One thing that you might find useful would be to sign up for an account and log in before you read threads. Then the board will track what you have read and give you different looking icons to highlight what is new for you. As a bonus, it will also let you receive email alerts when somebody replies to your posts.

- admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.